Sunday 9 September 2012

Zuri & Safi - August Bank Holiday 2012

Another typical lunchtime set of lazy lions for you all to see. The latter half of these photos being taken by my sister when my family came to visit me at the Zoo (Hence the photo of myself!) The lions managed to wake up and come down to see us.













These two photos above show the face and body
that lions do as a greeting. Safina is rubbing her
face and body against the fence when she passes
me, this is a hello. It is also to rub her scent
along the fence. Head rubbing is a very common
lion greeting, and if you ever see two lions pass
they will nine times out of ten, rub heads, this is
basically your lion version of a handshake.



There isn't too much to say about these photos I am afraid, but this is what my usual lunchtime consisted of. Lions of course are well known for sleeping all the day, and this time is the peak of their sleeping, so being able to wake these guys up at this time is quite a skill! However they aren't awake for long, and will go back to sleep, they do like to be polite!

No comments:

Post a Comment