Monday 17 September 2012

Zuri & Safi - 17th September 2012

Having arrived at the zoo at about half 12, I was fully expecting for the lions to be fast asleep, and they were!

Zuri and Safi were both asleep at the back of their enclosure behind their hill, this allowed me to get some fantastic shots of Zuri basking in the sun, and as you can see below he really does look magnificant. As you can see he then quickly resumed to his sleeping, very important!







As can be seen below, Safi came down to say hello, and was very friendly! She was full of affection and was constantly head rubbing and was a little bit talkative, it was fantastic to see her again after two weeks, so I thoroughly enjoyed seeing her and Zuri again.





































Safina continued to follow me around the enclosure, she was obviously happy for any company, as Zuri was fast asleep in his corner. I have to once again admit how lucky I am to have this bond with her, and even with Zuri, every time I called his name he woke up and lifted his head to see me, although I could not tempt him away from his sleep, I have to say I do not blame him!


As I popped up to see the two before I left, Safina had gone up to the far corner with Zuri, and was just about to resume her afternoon nap. I will definately be visiting these two soon, and I have regular updates on their health as to how they are, so they never really do leave my minds! The majority of what I know is on this blog, so continue reading, and there will be always be something new to learn.

I hope you have enjoyed all these photos, I did take quite a few, I don't like to miss an oppurtunity!

Thanks,

James



No comments:

Post a Comment