Wednesday 15 August 2012

Colchester Zoo Lions - 14th August 2012

Well on my day off I decided to visit Colchester Zoo. Colchester Zoo hold three lions, these lions came from Woburn Safari Park and are relatives of Riziki and Karla. The male Bailey is actually a brother to Riziki and the two females Naja and Malika are sisters to Karla. As you can tell if you compare Bailey and Riziki they are incredibly similiar. They also both have the hair along their belly, unlike Zuri. This is a very interesting characteristic, which seems to vary between every male, however I will try to see if it is seperate to different big prides of Safari lions.





















I hope you all enjoy these photos, and also to save having a really long post, I will be posting photos of the lions being fed in my next post this afternoon, so I hope you enjoy those too!


Above I have posted the info board from the Zoo, incase anyone wants any other information, however all the dates from these lions can be found on the Meet The Lions page.

Cheers

James

No comments:

Post a Comment