Wednesday 15 August 2012

Colchester Zoo Lion Encounter - 14th August 2012

Well as said in the previous post, here are my photos from the Lion Encounter at Colchester Zoo on the 14th August 2012. All three lions were shut in while the meat was spread around the enclosure, three pieces for three lions, a talk was also given. 

The lions were then let out, with Naja the lioness taking hers straight back inside, while Malika and Bailey stayed outside with their meat, making for some fantastic photo oppurtunities, as you can see I did take a fair few!






































































Since my last visit Bailey has changed and matured considerably, his mane is now complete, and is very dark around the edges, his belly hair has now grown too, also very dark, he is now completely fully grown. Like all of the other males from the same origin as him, born at Woburn Safari Park to the same parents, he is a fantastic looking individual, impressive, lean and fairly tall, all making for a superb look.

It was fantastic to see the three lions again, and I have more photos to share of them, on my next post, I didn't waste any oppurtunity!

I hope you enjoyed the photos of seeing these guys being fed, it was fantastic to watch, and not something that I normally see, as at Linton we don't do daily lion feeding, so it was very interesting!

Cheers

James

No comments:

Post a Comment